Cooks in the south have known all along the benefits of a whiskey sauce. Only in recent years has the theory spread, based in part by the many chain restaurants now offering whiskey flavored dishes. Although I may be partial to Tennessee, any whiskey may be used.
- 10 oz can condensed tomato soup
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup whiskey
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- In a small sauce pan add whiskey and bouillon cube. Heat over a medium heat and stir until bouillon cube is dissolved.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and continue to simmer for 5 minutes, while stirring often.
- Apply to meat during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
This sauce is an excellent choice for this Pulled Chicken Sandwich.