Taco Wings? We can make wings taste like tacos? You betcha!
The magic of chicken wings and sauces is the ability to create about any flavor imaginable. A case in point are these taco wings.
Using very simple ingredients, you’ll be amazed at how much they truly taste like tacos. They’re the perfect appetizer for a Mexican-themed dinner and they get along quite well with margaritas. Keep them in mind for Cinco de Mayo.
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 16 oz jar of taco sauce. Choose your heat level preference
- 1 cup of tortilla chips, finely crushed
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- olive oil
- Place the oven's rack in the center and preheat to 375°F (190°C).
- Mix crushed tortilla chips with package of taco seasoning
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper or aluminum foil, lightly greased with cooking spray.
- Brush chicken wings with olive oil and sprinkle chip/taco seasoning mix evenly over wings until they are completely coated. Set the rest of the seasoning aside.
- Place wings on the prepared baking sheet, keeping each wing from touching one another. Do not crowd.
- In a bowl, mix ketchup and taco sauce together and set aside until time for basting.
- Bake wings for 15 minutes. Remove and baste with ketchup/taco sauce and flip wings over. Baste that side, as well. Return to the oven and continue to cook for another 15 minutes. Check for doneness. If not done, continue to cook, turning every 10 minutes. Wings are done when cooked through and golden brown or an instant-read meat thermometer registers 165°F (74°C).
- Once the chicken wings are done, brush again with the taco sauce and apply another heavy sprinkling of the chip/taco seasoning mix.
- Place chicken wings on a platter and serve with chips and salsa.