You’re going to love these sweet & tangy chicken wings. Keep plenty on napkins handy!
Soda brings great flavor to chicken wings. Cola, lemon-lime, and even grape or orange sodas all add different flavor profiles to wings.
These sweet and tangy chicken wings were inspired by the National Chicken Council. When I read the ingredient list, I knew I had to make them.
Give them a try, I think you’ll love them.
- 3 pounds chicken wings (about 16 – 20)
- 1 can (8 oz) cola
- 1 jar (12 oz) bottled chili sauce
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp coriander
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 TBLS chopped fresh parsley
- In medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine cola, chili sauce, orange juice, cumin, coriander and garlic. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Boil and reduce until sauce is thickened, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Preheat broiler and arrange rack about four inches from heat. Place wings on broiler or baking pan covered with aluminum foil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in oven and broil 6 minutes, turn and broil for another 6 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Turn off broiler and heat oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Pour sauce over wings, tossing until well-coated. Place tray with wings in oven and bake 35 minutes, or until wings are tender and register 165°F (75°C) when tested with meat thermometer.
- To serve, remove wings to platter and sprinkle with parsley.