There’s a whole lot of strawberry flavor going on in this creamy strawberry dressing
This strawberry dressing packs a strawberry punch that really compliments the greens and fresh basil. Of course, the grilled chicken breast contributes its share. Great for lunch, yet also suitable for light dinners. Although fresh strawberries work best, frozen strawberries can be substituted if fresh berries are unavailable.
One of the great things about this salad is that it can be made a day ahead.
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced into rings, then halved
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced, then halved
- 1 cup strawberries, halved or quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, slivered
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- creamy strawberry dressing (recipe follows)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well and cover. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Prepare a grill for direct grilling using medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken breasts for about 15 minutes or until an instant-read meat thermometer reads 165°F (75°C). Turn once at the halfway point.
- Remove chicken from grill and cover. When cool enough to handle, slice into strips and set aside.
- Place salad ingredients on individual plates. Top with chicken and garnish with strawberries, basil leaves and chopped walnuts. Serve with dressing on the side.