This recipe makes about 25 to 30 small meatballs.
For the Meatballs
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
For the Sauce
- 1/3 ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
You’ll also need some extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium bowl combine the meatball ingredients. Using your hands, gently mix until the ingredients are
evenly distributed. Wet your hands with cold water and shape the meat into balls, each about 1 inch in
diameter. Be careful not to overwork the meat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 45 minutes, or
until very cold.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat (450 to 550-degrees F)
- In a small bowl whisk together the sauce ingredients.
- Brush the cooking grates clean. Lightly brush the meatballs with oil. Grill over direct high heat, with the
lid closed as much as possible, until the meat is thoroughly cooked but not dry, 6-8 minutes, gently turning
occasionally. Arrange the meatballs on a serving platter with toothpicks. Serve warm with the sauce.
These meatballs are courtesy of Weber’s On the Grill iPhone app. To read my overall thoughts on the app…click here.