This Italian meat rub doubles as a great spice blend.
Here’s a great meat rub that doesn’t require much work or ingredients. Not only is it a great Italian meat rub, it’s also perfect as an Italian seasoning blend. Use it on salads, vegetables, pasta or any dish with an Italian or Mediterranean influence.
Ever have one of those days where creativity in the kitchen just isn’t there? All you want to do is simply knock out a quick dinner so you can just get the day over with. Grab this Italian meat rub and put it to work. Be sure to make plenty so it’s always on hand. It’s a great way to add flavor to the mundane. A chicken breast, fish fillet, steak or pork chop can all be converted into something special in no time.
It’s not just an Italian meat rub, it’s also a tool. The perfect tool to add flavor to just about any dish.
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, finely crushed using a pestle and mortar or spice grinder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until well blended.
- Store in an air tight container in a cool, dry place. Rub will keep for up to six months.
- Alternately, ingredients can be added to a small resealable storage bag. Shake the bag until all ingredients are well mixed. Label and it's ready for storage.