This herb chicken rub is perfect when a well balanced yet not overpowering flavor is what you’re after. This rub will complement any sauce rather than competing with it.
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon non-iodized salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon coriander
Mix the ingredients in a bowl. I like to use a mortar and pestle to grind the ingredients.
For an easy grilled chicken meal, brush with garlic butter before applying the rub. Brush chicken again just before removing from the grill. Serve on a bed of angel hair pasta.