Grilled chicken with peach and mango salsa is refreshing with vibrant flavors.
Grilled chicken, the sweetness of peach and mango and a kick from cilantro, lime and chili sauce all come together in a good way with this grilled chicken dish. Sweet and spicy with the smokey flavor that only the grill can offer.
Great for a light dinner or top off fresh salad greens for a hearty and refreshing lunch.
- 4 chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 mangoes, peeled, stone removed and cut into small cubes
- 2 peaches, peeled, stone removed and cut into small cubes
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 Jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped (optional)
- In a non reactive bowl, combine all ingredients except the chicken and blend well. Cover and refrigerate. (see note)
- Prepare a grill for direct cooking.
- Lightly salt and pepper both sides of the chicken
- Place directly over the fire and grill for 8 to 10 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer reads 165-degrees F.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately with a generous topping of the salsa.