Grill roasted potatoes are an easy and delicious way to prepare potatoes
Potatoes have never had it any better than these grill roasted potatoes. Potatoes are great on the grill. The smoky flavor that the grill imparts on them is the perfect accompaniment to grilled meats.
These grill roasted potatoes turned out tender on the inside and little crispy on the outside.
Using new potatoes, Italian parsley and rosemary, they were very tasty as well as good looking. A very easy dish to put together, these grill roasted potatoes go exceptionally well with any type of barbequed chicken.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds new potatoes, each 1-1/2 to 2 inches in diameter, scrubbed and quartered
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450° F)
- In a medium bowl combine the oil, salt and pepper. Add the potatoes and stir to coat them evenly. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the potatoes over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until tender and browned on all sides, 15 to 20 minutes, scooping and turning with a wide spatula every 5 minutes or so.
- Place the potatoes in a medium serving bowl and sprinkle with the parsley and the rosemary. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Weber’s on the Grill: Chicken and Sides cookbook.
Want to learn more about the book? Read my review.