Get your seafood groove on with this easy chicken and mussels in garlic cream recipe.
Grilled chicken and pasta are blended in a creamy garlic sauce and topped with fresh mussels. Light in nature; heavy in flavor.
All that’s needed to complete this meal is a small salad and of course, some Italian bread for sopping up the excess garlic sauce.
- 1 pound pasta, cooked to al dente
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 24 fresh mussels, soaked, washed and debearded
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- Prepare a grill for two-zone cooking. (coals on only one side or only one side of gas burners lit.) Preheat to medium-high. 350-degrees F.
- Prepare mussels and discard any that are open. Set aside.
- Place chicken breasts directly over fire and the mussels on the cool side of the grill. Cook chicken for 6 minutes per side or until an instant-read meat thermometer reads 165°F (75°C) . Move chicken to the cool side of the grill or turn off gas burners.
- Prepare the pasta
- In a large pan, heat the oil and saute the garlic over low heat while stirring. About 1 minute.
- Add wine, cream, and herbs and continue to simmer while stirring for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Remove chicken and mussels from the grill. If the mussels have not yet opened, place them directly over the fire until they do. Discard any that fail to open.
- Slice chicken into strips.
- Drain pasta. Add pasta and chicken to the pan and toss until well mixed. Top with the mussels and serve.
- Be sure to serve with a hard bread. Sopping up the excess garlic sauce is almost like dessert!