This apple barbeque sauce is perfect for barbequed chicken but also works well with pork, lamb, poultry or fish. Your dish can be further complimented with the addition of grilled apple rings. Be creative and skewer a few apple wedges with meat for great looking kabobs.
- 1/2 cup apple juice or cider
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 5 drops Louisiana-style hot sauce
- Combine apple juice and onion in a small saucepan and simmer for 2 minutes
- Stir in remaining ingredients
- Continue to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Remove and allow to cool.
Happy grilling! If you tried this on barbequed chicken, I’d sure like to know how you liked it. What adjustments did you make?